Guest Post Opportunities
Yes, We Accept Guest Posts
Most the articles on this site are written by me, Jimmy Smith the founder of the Latter-day Saint Mission Prep site, but I greatly appreciate guest posts. There are many mission prep topics which I can’t speak on with authority and the audience of this site also appreciates contributions from others who have unique experiences and perspectives. Therefore, if you have mission prep ideas, stories, inspiration, and testimonies, please reach out to me about writing a guest post for the website.
Contact Me about Contributing a Guest Post
Guidelines for Writing a Guest Post
Please know that not all ideas and articles will be accepted. It’s best to contact me about your idea first. When you write the article, please keep in mind our high quality standards for the site. Each article should follow these guidelines:
- Be spiritually uplifting and doctrinally accurate.
- Be directed to an audience of mostly young people preparing for a full-time mission. (Obviously, articles directed to potential senior missionaries are an exception.)
- Promoting your own website and linking to it is permitted, so long as the product or service is relevant to the audience. (If you are interested in advertising, please use the contact form.)
- Each article should be substantive and well written.
I maintain editorial rights to all content on the site and will decide, upon reading your proposed article, if it meets these guidelines.
Ideas for Article Topics
At one time, early in the history of the Latter-day Saint Prep website, I thought I would run out of ideas of things to talk about. In reality, I have found the opposite to be true. The longer I run the website, the more ideas I have and the further behind I feel I’m getting. I have dozens of ideas for mission prep articles but I simply do not have the time to write them all. If you need ideas for a guest post topic, please consider one of the following:
- Information and helps on budgeting and saving money for a mission
- Adjusting to missionary life (Home sickness, technology withdrawal, hard work, recognizing and following the spirit, the MTC, country specific tips, etc.)
- Humility: The gospel is to be proclaimed by the weak and simple
- Sacrifice is an essential part of missionary work
- What you learned from your mission
- Working with the ward mission leader
- “It is not your job to convert that is the job of the Holy Ghost.” -Pres Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- How helping other people makes you happy
- Missionary work goes on in the spirit world
- Preparing to receive the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthood
- Mission prep is life prep
- Tips for getting along with companions
- A list of mission prep scriptures (like a scripture mastery list)
- Discerning the Will of the Lord for Me. I think this topic would help many young women, and some young men, who struggle to decide if they should go on a mission.
- Member-missionary tips
- Exercise tips
- Information for Moms of future missionaries
- Mission prep tips for primary aged children
- Motivating teenagers to prepare for and serve a mission
Of course you are not limited to these topics, so if you have other ideas for posts that would help missionaries prepare, send it in. Thank you.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!